Braces are great for straightening teeth. The problem with braces is that they are pretty unsightly, plus they are uncomfortable. For obvious reasons, most people try not to smile when they are wearing braces. Imagine the irony of not being able to smile while you are doing something that will eventually give you a beautiful smile? Hence, the biggest difference between braces and invisible aligners is that the aligners are barely noticeable, and if they are SnapCorrect™ aligners then they are the most invisible in the industry. With clear aligners, you’ll keep on smiling even as your teeth are getting straightened.
The typical treatment with braces takes around 2 years (24 months). The typical aligner treatment, especially with SnapCorrect™ takes 3 - 10 months, with most treatments being 6 – 9 months. Why have a bunch of wires in your mouth for 2 years when you can have an invisible aligner doing the work during a much shorter amount of time?
Once you have the braces removed, the part of the tooth that is under each bracket is often whiter than the rest of the tooth. With clear aligners, that doesn’t happen at all, plus if you use SnapCorrect™ you get a complete home whitening kit from Beaming White with FREE GEL REFILLS for life.
There are some cases that can only be treated with traditional braces, but most cases of mild and moderate spacing or crowding issues can be resolved with SnapCorrect™ invisible aligners.
Limitations of Braces
- Unattractive: Braces call attention to your mouth and subsequently the condition of your teeth. Braces can also result in permanent discoloration of teeth.
- Oral Discomfort: Braces are bulky, sharp, and can irritate the interior surfaces of the mouth. Tightening and adjustments to braces results in root and gum soreness, leading to discomfort, especially in the days immediately following an orthodontic visit.
- Poor Oral Hygiene: Braces complicate oral hygiene by making it difficult to brush and floss. These problems can result in tooth decay and periodontal damage. Additionally, the bonding of brackets to teeth can cause permanent markings on the teeth.
- Food Limitations: With braces, you need to avoid hard, sticky, and chewy. Hard foods can break or damage wires and brackets. Broken brackets lead to delays in your treatment progress. Sticky and chewy foods can get caught between brackets and wires making them difficult to clean.
- High Cost: Braces typically cost between $4,000 and $8,000.
Benefits of Clear Aligners
- Invisible: Clear Aligners are invisible – SnapCorrect™ Truly Invisible Aligners™ are the clearest on the market.
- Comfortable: SnapCorrect™ Aligners have smooth edges that do not irritate your gums and checks.
- Good Oral Hygiene: Since clear aligners are removable, cleaning is a snap! Simply remove them and clean while you brush your teeth.
- No Food Limitations: Invisible aligners are removed when you eat, which means there are no changes to your diet – Bon Appétit.
- Low Cost: If you pay up front, your entire orthodontic treatment will cost you $1849. Financing options of up to 60 months are also available.
Compare Our Competitors
(the clear choice)